Corporate Giving FAQ
1. How can my company help the Humanitarian Coalition?
Some of the ways your company can help include:
- Join our Rapid Response Network (RRN): Organisations wishing to provide long-term support can join the Humanitarian Coalition’s RRN. For more information, please contact our Partnership Development Officer, Marie-Ève Bertrand at email@example.com.
- Web referral: Add our link to your company's website, Twitter feed or Facebook page during times of appeal for humanitarian crises.
- Retail: Provide a donation jar or a system where the donations can be added to a customer’s purchase
- Ad swap: Replace your purchased ad with our disaster appeal announcement.
- Donation matching program: Establish a matched giving plan tailored to your business and community investment aims.
2. Can our company sponsor a project?
The Humanitarian Coalition serves as a fundraising mechanism for its members in times of humanitarian crises and does not directly manage any projects. For this reason and because humanitarian needs evolve daily (food, water, health services and more), we are unable to assign funds to specific initiatives.
If you wish to pursue support for a specific project, please contact one of our member organizations. Each of them has many development projects around the world that you can learn about and sponsor on their individual websites. Please find below links to our member organizations’ corporate giving/sponsorship pages:
- Canadian Lutheran World Relief
- Care Canada
- Islamic Relief Canada
- Oxfam Canada
- Plan International Canada
- Save the Children Canada
3. How can I donate through my payroll?
Payments can be deducted straight from employees’ salary, either as a regular bi-weekly payment or a one-time gift. If your employer offers such a payroll program, you simply need to choose how much you would like to give and then advise your payroll department at your workplace.
For additional information, please contact Marie-Ève Bertrand, our Partnership Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the various ways your company can support the Humanitarian Coalition.